Are you hoping to take your honeymoon in some place sunny that’s a little off the beaten path? If the Caribbean sounds like a dream come true, but you’re worried about overcrowding and a lack of privacy–Anguilla is the place to go.
There’s more than one good reason. This particular Caribbean destination has all the beauty and allure of more highly recognized vacation locations, but it’s often overlooked by travelers in favor of the hot spots. And don’t let the fact that not everyone has heard of Anguilla scare you off. This is the perfect place to enjoy a romantic getaway.
So, what makes Anguilla such a great destination for a honeymoon? Here are just three of the reasons why this destination deserves careful consideration if sunny and romantic are on your must-have list:
- The atmosphere–Anguilla is quintessential Caribbean. Its white sandy beach and turquoise waters set the scene on this tropical paradise. While Anguilla doesn’t boast a mountainous landscape, it does have more than its fair share of beaches and breathtaking coral reefs.
- The activities–Anguilla knows how to treat tourists. This little island is famed for its watersports, especially snorkeling and diving, thanks to those coral reefs. Plus, it has an active nightlife, environmental tours, historic tours, plenty of shopping, great restaurants and more. These things combine to make it an excellent destination for couples celebrating their firsts as newlyweds.
- The world-class resorts–If being pampered is a must, Anguilla won’t disappoint. The Viceroy, for example, is an excellent honeymoon destination. It boasts private rooms and all the amenities to make for a perfect vacation. This resort is also famed for its stunning beach scenery, and rooms that are appointed with luxury in mind. Stay at The Viceroy, however, and be warned: You might not want to leave. The hotel has its own on-site dining, entertainment, spa and beach. The hotel’s location also makes it serve as a perfect homebase location for a more thorough exploration of Anguilla.
Picking the perfect honeymoon destination is no easy matter. When sun, surf, sand, adventure and romance all matter, the Caribbean is the place to go for sure. Even so, some of the better-known locations are overcrowded with tourists for much of the year. If something more off the beaten path appeals, just talk to your honeymoon travel advisor about a stay in Anguilla.
While your wedding day might be the biggest, most exciting day of your life, it’s what comes later that really sets the stage for your journey as husband and wife. Your honeymoon affords you an opportunity to enjoy some much-needed alone time before you face the challenges of the “real world.” It also gives you a wonderful chance to make memories that will last forever and be cherished always.
With all that in mind, planning the perfect honeymoon can be one of the most difficult “details” in the entire event, but it doesn’t have to be. When you work with a honeymoon travel expert and consider all-inclusive, boutique resorts, you’ll find most of the details take care of themselves.
Why would you want to consider an all-inclusive resort for your first trip as husband and wife? Here are just three reasons why it’s one of the best ways to go:
- The destination possibilities – All-inclusive resorts don’t limit you on where you can go. The reality is there are great resorts that offer all-inclusive options found all over the world. From famous destinations close to home to those in Europe, the Caribbean and beyond, you’ll discover a world of possibilities when you select this route.
- The pampering – All-inclusive, boutique resorts are well accustomed to helping honeymooners have the time of their lives. Select some of the best, and you’ll find that every detail is handled for your stay and all you have to do is enjoy. Boutique resorts are an especially good choice because they tend to be smaller and more intimate. Staff members at these destinations know how to provide the service that makes a honeymooning couple want to come back.
- The simplicity – Considering all the details that go into wedding planning, it’s nice to have a simple, yet incredible, option for the honeymoon. All-inclusive resorts provide this by making sure guests only have to worry about checking in and having fun. Everything necessary for a great time is included in the initial price. That takes the financial guesswork out of planning a honeymoon.
Are you hoping to take off for a honeymoon adventure that includes a stay in the world famous Spice Islands? If your Caribbean destination is Grenada, you’re in luck. There are some great places to hang your hat during your honeymoon stay.
Here are just four of the resorts that are sure to set the tone for a romantic stay while offering service fit for royalty:
- Palm Island – Located in the Grenadines, this all-inclusive resort ensures that honeymooners not only get to enjoy paradise, but privacy too. The hideaway is located on its own private island and features 43 guest rooms, white sand beaches and plenty of low-key activities that are designed to enable you to soak up the sun at your own pace. There’s even a spa to help you melt away all the stress that can surround a big wedding. The service here is spectacular and the cuisine offered features a variety of Euro-Caribbean flavors. You can even visit nearby Tobago Cays for a side trip you’ll never forget.
- LaLuna – This resort is also a slice of paradise on earth. LaLuna caters to the individual and limits guests strictly so you can rest assured your needs come first during your stay here. In addition to private cottages with their own plunge pools, you’ll also enjoy private beach access. There’s an Italian restaurant onsite, a beach front bar and in-room dining for those nights you just want to be alone.
- Coyaba Beach Resort – Imagine strolling through gardens on your way to a white sand beach that’s kissed by the turquoise waters of the Caribbean. That’s exactly what you can do if you select the Coyaba Beach Resort for your honeymoon. Rooms feature plenty of space and many offer their own balconies with views that are to die for. There also on-site dining and an all-inclusive option to make your honeymoon more cost-effective.
- True Blue Bay – This resort features suites, villas and rooms all with spectacular access to the white sands and stunning waters Grenada is famous for. There’s even a honeymoon suite for those who want extra privacy. It also has a stunning private pool. On-site dining and plenty of activities such as sailing, rum tasting, shopping and more.
If you’re hoping to escape to the Caribbean for your honeymoon, why not venture to the Spice Islands? Make Grenada your destination and you’ll discover a variety of resorts just waiting to cater to your every need. Check with your honeymoon travel advisor for more information.
So you’re stuck in a hurricane during your honeymoon. Now what? Here’s what you need to know:
We’re at the mercy of the airlines. What if we’re stuck at the airport? The most commonly asked question we hear is, “There’s a flight that just left an hour ago, but my flight is cancelled. What’s up with that?” Whether it’s a storm or a blizzard, the airlines really do try to get you to your destination. They may greatly scale back the number of departures and arrivals, but still allow a few to at least try to get through. So, while it’s infuriating to see flights leave if you’re stuck sleeping in a plastic chair in an airport, know that the airline wants to get you to your destination just as much as you do. Please remember, yelling at a gate agent at the airport or demanding an upgrade because of your delay won’t help your cause.
Tip: The president’s clubs or airline lounges at most airports offer comfortable seating and extra amenities for about $50. If you’re stuck for more than a few hours, a day pass to one of these lounges is a worthwhile investment.
We’re already on an island. What if we can’t get home for a few days? Since most people can’t afford to pay for another week at the hotel, this can be exasperating. The hotel where you’re stuck at understands this and wants to make the remainder of your stay as stress free as possible.
Tip: Most hotels and resorts offer a hurricane rate which can be booked at the hotel. Just ask the front desk for assistance.
We’ve have travel insurance. Will it cover an extended stay at our hotel? If you have cancel-for-any-reason travel insurance and can’t take your trip as a result of the hurricane, this should protect your investment. If you’re already in your destination and can’t get home, the insurance should offer some trip delay coverage to help offset some of your out-of-pocket expenses, but not all.
Have more questions? Contact your travel agent!
It’s a common story told the world over on a regular basis. The bride and groom say “I do,” enjoy a grand celebration with friends and family and then they take off for some much-needed time alone as a newlywed couple.
But, what happens if the honeymoon budget is smaller than desired? Do you have to settle for a quick weekend away to mark your first days together as husband and wife?
The answer is: It’s totally up to you. There are some great weekend adventures that many couples enjoy immensely. If that’s not what you want to do, however, there are ways to stretch the money you have – or can access – to ensure you can enjoy your time together doing the things you want. Here are four ways you can save on, or save up for, the trip you desire:
- Plan as far ahead as possible – The earlier you select your honeymoon destination, the more likely it is you will be able to find ways to afford the trip within your budget. Booking airfare, for example, often comes with a discount if you do so ahead of time. Hotels, cruise lines and other venues may also offer specials that you can shop around for given the time.
- Use a honeymoon registry – This is a great way to get friends and family members to help kick in for the honeymoon you have been dreaming about. Create a registry and your family and friends can purchase items toward your trip, such as meals, hotel night stays and so on. This is often appreciated by gift-buyers and it sure beats getting three toasters!
- Shorten your stay – OK, no matter what you do you can’t come up with enough money to spend three weeks in Spain for your dream vacation. It’s not really the end of the world – it’s really not! Consider shortening your trip to two weeks, or even one, instead. Doing this could save you a bundle and you will still have a great time. You may not get to see everything, but you’ll still get to see a lot.
- Work with a honeymoon travel planner – If you want to get the best possible deals on the vacation you’re after, work directly with someone who specializes in honeymoon travel. Not only will this professional help you make your budget work, she or he can also help you plan an itinerary that best fits your needs.
Budgeting for a honeymoon can be tough, but it’s often possible to enjoy the time of your life on less money than you thought. Just get started early and call on the right pros for assistance.
We recently returned from a little vacation at Azul Beach. This tiny but amazing boutique resort is located on a great stretch of beach in the Riviera Maya.
Because of my job, I get to stay in a lot of great hotels. But Azul Beach offered something new to impress me every single day of our stay. Here’s a couple of reason why I think you should consider it for your next get-away.
The Service: From the minute we walked in the door we were greeted with a glass of Champagne, a chilled towel, and a friendly but unobtrusive host who seemed to somehow anticipate what we wanted without us ever having to really ask. My luggage magically appeared in my room, along with a healthy snack, a beach towel, and air conditioning that seemed to be set at the perfect temperature. Our swim-up villa was nothing short of amazing, with a comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom, and plenty of space to relax.
The Food: One of the best reasons to stay at Azul Beach is for the food. Lunch on our first day started out with a chilled glass of watermelon water and fantastic salad. The menu options were creative, but had enough familiar elements that there was really something for everyone. And unlike so many all-inclusive resorts that just offer one buffet after the next, everything at Azul Beach was fresh, and served from a menu. Everything we tried was fantastic. And for me, the lone vegetarian in the group, I found plenty of meals to be excited about rather than the typical vegetarian fare. Each night of our stay we enjoyed one of their specialty restaurants, which included Italian, Latin, and Asian options. And the desserts were to die for.
The Experience: While Azul Beach is tiny, the petite size of this boutique resort is one of its greatest assets. Unlike a mega-resort experience, within 24 hours the staff knew each member of our group by name, what our dining preferences are, had arranged for a fantastic beach palapa, and reminded me that yoga class was at 10:00. A woman from the spa appeared like a fairy godmother while we lay by the ocean to schedule our spa treatments. And while I didn’t know I wanted a pillow menu, now that I’ve had it, I can’t imagine staying somewhere without one.
Our fellow guests at Azul Beach were friendly and welcoming as well, with complete strangers becoming dinner companions and volleyball teammates in no time. It’s the kind of place you’ll never want to leave, and likely want to go back to year after year.
To learn more about exclusive offers for Azul Beach, contact your travel expert today!
Love the idea of spending your honeymoon somewhere upscale, classy and still intimate? Do you want to select a destination that offers more to see and do than you could ever possibly get to? If this sounds like what you and your sweetie are dreaming of, a honeymoon in the Hamptons just might be in order.
Located on the very edge of the Long Island area of New York, the Hamptons are a famed summer getaway for jetsetters from all over the world. Known for first-class accommodations and a spectacular ocean view, this group of villages beckons not only to the movers and shakers of the northeast, but also honeymooners looking for a romantic getaway following their big day.
So, why should you consider the Hamptons for your summertime honeymoon? Here are a few reasons this destination is worth a very close look:
- The location – Let’s face it; the Hamptons are pretty easy for honeymooners to get to. Even if you’re not in the New York area, a quick plane trip and you’re almost there. The communities that make up the Hamptons are readily accessible to anyone who lives in the continental United States and there’s no need for a passport. Plus, the view delivered once you’re there is simply stunning.
- The things to do – Golfing, swimming, fishing, sailing and more await those who call the Hamptons their vacation destination. The communities here all offer their own places to see and do, plus there are plenty of shops to explore, restaurants to dine in and there’s always the beach to capture your attention. Plus, you’re not necessarily locked in to a quiet pace if you choose the Hamptons for your vacation. With the close proximity of New York City’s other attractions, you can also easily go see a Broadway show, check out the museums, dine in some of America’s most famed restaurants and much more.
- The care you’ll receive – The hotels, motels and boutique resorts that dot the Hamptons are all well-tuned for delivering the very best in care to their guests. Considering some of the most notable movers and shakers vacation here, you can anticipate first-class service throughout your stay.
If getting away from it all while remaining close to the action sounds like a honeymoon plan, the Hamptons are worth a very close look. To find out more about this vacation destination, just check with your honeymoon travel advisor.
Your date’s set. Your colors are picked. The guest list is in order and the dress has even been selected. There’s still one major detail you just can’t nail down and time’s running out. Where are you going for your honeymoon?
If you’re looking for something off-the-beaten path, but truly romantic and exotic, a summer trip to the Amalfi Coast of Italy might just be the dream vacation you’re looking for. Located in southern Italy, the Amalfi Coast isn’t quite as popular as Rome with tourists, but it boasts plenty of reasons why it makes for a memorable honeymoon. Here are just a few:
- The View Pick just about any area of this coastline to stay and you’re going to enjoy an amazing view. The coastline is beyond postcard perfect. With a rocky, mountainous landscape in its background and plenty of coastline to explore, this area is simply breathtaking. The region boasts many sloping terraces and romantic cliffs and outcroppings that overlook the Gulf of Salerno. Add in the fact that many of the towns and villages here truly enhance the landscape with their gorgeous architecture and you won’t have to worry about bringing home stunning photographs. Plus with its Mediterranean climate, you can count on weather that’s nice practically year round.
- The Sights While picturesque doesn’t begin to describe the towns and villages along this coast, there’s more to see and do here than many might realize. The coast itself boasts its own UNESCO World Heritage Site status as a cultural landscape worth preserving. Locals here have done just that. Many of the towns that dot the coast have historic sites that are well worth seeing. From the Amalfi Cathedral to Ravello’s Villa Cimbrone there is no shortage of things to see and do.
- The Romance and Adventure With its stunning views, romantic mountains and beautiful blue waters, this coastline is a paradise for couples in love. There are plenty of romantic spots where you can spend a day or watch the sunset. In addition, adventure lovers won’t be disappointed. This area is a dream for hikers, swimmers and more.
- The Service Although the coast is famed for its historic attractions, visitors here can expect exceptional service. Due to its enduring beauty, the coast is a favorite tourist destination for many. Inasmuch, you can find five-star resorts, quaint boutiques and everything in between and beyond.
Southern Italy is adored for its rugged, romantic beauty. To explore the very best this region has to offer, visit the Amalfi Coast. To find out more about this destination for your own big trip, just consult a honeymoon travel advisor. A pro can help you plan out an adventure of a lifetime.
Located about 150 miles northwest of Tahiti, Bora Bora is truly one of the most idyllic tropical islands in the world. Despite being 11.3 square miles, this magical destination features two towering volcanic peaks, lush tropical landscape, and an amazing turquoise lagoon surrounded by a coral reef.
Meanwhile, thatched-roof overwater bungalows are intricately constructed along the island’s beautiful necklace-like motus, providing unforgettable hideaways and easy water access for honeymooners anxious to swim in its brilliant seas.
Exotic, remote, and absolutely gorgeous, Bora Bora will guarantee newlyweds an experience like they’ve never had before.
Read Full Article
There’s no denying it: Europe is a great place to honeymoon. From the romance of Paris to the distinct beauty and historic allure of Rome and London, the spots to visit are practically endless. One destination that’s outstanding on a number of fronts often gets overlooked, however.
Barcelona is that place.
With its sun-drenched beaches, stunning architecture, unique attractions and friendly atmosphere, Barcelona is an ideal spot for couples who want to experience the best Spain has to offer. If you’re looking for a spectacular place to take your honeymoon, this is it. Here’s why:\
Read Full Article