Your date’s set. Your colors are picked. The guest list is in order and the dress has even been selected. There’s still one major detail you just can’t nail down and time’s running out. Where are you going for your honeymoon?
If you’re looking for something off-the-beaten path, but truly romantic and exotic, a summer trip to the Amalfi Coast of Italy might just be the dream vacation you’re looking for. Located in southern Italy, the Amalfi Coast isn’t quite as popular as Rome with tourists, but it boasts plenty of reasons why it makes for a memorable honeymoon. Here are just a few:
- The View Pick just about any area of this coastline to stay and you’re going to enjoy an amazing view. The coastline is beyond postcard perfect. With a rocky, mountainous landscape in its background and plenty of coastline to explore, this area is simply breathtaking. The region boasts many sloping terraces and romantic cliffs and outcroppings that overlook the Gulf of Salerno. Add in the fact that many of the towns and villages here truly enhance the landscape with their gorgeous architecture and you won’t have to worry about bringing home stunning photographs. Plus with its Mediterranean climate, you can count on weather that’s nice practically year round.
- The Sights While picturesque doesn’t begin to describe the towns and villages along this coast, there’s more to see and do here than many might realize. The coast itself boasts its own UNESCO World Heritage Site status as a cultural landscape worth preserving. Locals here have done just that. Many of the towns that dot the coast have historic sites that are well worth seeing. From the Amalfi Cathedral to Ravello’s Villa Cimbrone there is no shortage of things to see and do.
- The Romance and Adventure With its stunning views, romantic mountains and beautiful blue waters, this coastline is a paradise for couples in love. There are plenty of romantic spots where you can spend a day or watch the sunset. In addition, adventure lovers won’t be disappointed. This area is a dream for hikers, swimmers and more.
- The Service Although the coast is famed for its historic attractions, visitors here can expect exceptional service. Due to its enduring beauty, the coast is a favorite tourist destination for many. Inasmuch, you can find five-star resorts, quaint boutiques and everything in between and beyond.
Southern Italy is adored for its rugged, romantic beauty. To explore the very best this region has to offer, visit the Amalfi Coast. To find out more about this destination for your own big trip, just consult a honeymoon travel advisor. A pro can help you plan out an adventure of a lifetime.
Located about 150 miles northwest of Tahiti, Bora Bora is truly one of the most idyllic tropical islands in the world. Despite being 11.3 square miles, this magical destination features two towering volcanic peaks, lush tropical landscape, and an amazing turquoise lagoon surrounded by a coral reef.
Meanwhile, thatched-roof overwater bungalows are intricately constructed along the island’s beautiful necklace-like motus, providing unforgettable hideaways and easy water access for honeymooners anxious to swim in its brilliant seas.
Exotic, remote, and absolutely gorgeous, Bora Bora will guarantee newlyweds an experience like they’ve never had before.
Read Full Article
There’s no denying it: Europe is a great place to honeymoon. From the romance of Paris to the distinct beauty and historic allure of Rome and London, the spots to visit are practically endless. One destination that’s outstanding on a number of fronts often gets overlooked, however.
Barcelona is that place.
With its sun-drenched beaches, stunning architecture, unique attractions and friendly atmosphere, Barcelona is an ideal spot for couples who want to experience the best Spain has to offer. If you’re looking for a spectacular place to take your honeymoon, this is it. Here’s why:\
Read Full Article
According to an American Kennel Club survey, 18% of all dog owners (and 27% of dog owners under 30) report that they either have or would include their dog in their wedding ceremony. Many people, myself included, also take pets on their honeymoon with them. Here are some tips for a stress free honeymoon with your favorite furry friend.
Kate and Reuben on her mini-moon in Vermont
Read Full Article
Looking for a destination for your honeymoon that has all the ingredients to make for a romantically perfect time? You might want to explore the luxury resorts that help put Cabo San Lucas on the map as one of Mexico’s most popular tourist destinations.
Located on the very southern end of the Baja California peninsula, Caba combines a stunning landscape, beautiful Pacific waters and resorts that take pampering to a whole new level to make it an ideal place for honeymooners.
Here are just three of the reasons why this destination is great for couples celebrating their first adventure as husband and wife: Read Full Article
Looking for a beautiful, tropical getaway for your honeymoon that’s not on every single tourist’s radar? It might be time to explore the wonders Mexico has to offer. in the state of Guerrero offer everything the big “tourist destinations” do and a whole lot more. Privacy and intimacy, in fact, are two of this area’s biggest draws.
If you aren’t familiar with Guerrero, it’s located in the southwestern part of Mexico. It has a generous Pacific Ocean coastline and more beaches than you could shake a stick at. If you’re hoping to enjoy a slice of paradise while on your honeymoon, there are plenty of reasons to explore this balmy region more closely.
Here are three reasons why Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa should be on your honeymoon planning radar: Read Full Article
Anyone can honeymoon in New York City or book a flight to Paris for a little post-nuptial romance. But how many people can say they’ve spent their first days together as husband and wife cycling the exotic landscapes of Cuba?
Believe it or not, this high-adventure, once-in-a-lifetime adventure is available and just waiting for you and your intended. If you love doing things that are active, unique and highly romantic, this is the trip for you.
Read Full Article
Complete with white-sand beaches, ancient archaeological sites, charming seaside towns, and mountainous landscape, Crete is an ideal honeymoon destination for couples seeking a little bit of everything.
The Greek island – located about 200 miles south of Athens – is truly one of a kind. To put its distinctiveness into perspective, Crete features more than 4,000 years of history and yet often feels untouched by time.
With deserted strips of sand, lush gorges, rugged peaks, and historic cities containing cobbled alleyways and hilltop fortresses, the island begs visitors to come discover for themselves. What they’ll find is a diverse and fascinating destination that will leave an imprint for the rest of their lives.
Read Full Article
Honeymooners looking for destinations that are romantic and unique without requiring a passport don’t have to look farther than America’s own New England. The states that make up this region of the country have a lot more to offer than meets the eye. In fact, the unusual combination of options makes this region the perfect choice for many.
So what makes New England worth a close look for your honeymoon adventure? Here are a few reasons why these states – combined or on their own – have what it takes to make for a trip of a lifetime:
- The natural beauty – From Connecticut and Maine to New Hampshire and Vermont, the natural splendor of New England is breathtaking. While many of New England’s states have major metro areas, they all have quaint countryside locations, breathtaking mountains and extensive forested areas to explore. With only the exception of Vermont, each state in the region also boasts seaside landscapes that are perfect for romantic moonlit strolls. It doesn’t matter what season you visit either – New England always offers sights that are sure to please.
- The history – New England has a treasure trove of historic sites. From the countless destinations in Boston to lesser known destinations in Connecticut and other states, travelers can fill more than one vacation just visiting the cool places that have made their way into America’s history books.
- The culture – The New England states have a long and storied history that has developed into a unique culture that’s all this area’s own. This is evident in the art, cuisine and even the dialects found in these states. Just get to know New England and you’re going to love it.
- The high adventure – While most people think of quaint seaside villages or the hustle and bustle of Boston when New England is mentioned, these states are also perfect for those who enjoy high adventure. From skiing and mountain climbing to white water rafting, adventure lovers will find something to love about this region.
- The romance – New England is home to some of the country’s very best resorts and bed and breakfasts. If first-class service designed for couples in love is desired, these states can deliver.
- The shopping – New England might not have the fame of New York City when it comes to shopping, but it doesn’t slouch in this department. The reality is New England is home to a bevy of shopping destinations from the very high end to more frugal factory outlets.
Honeymooning closer to home doesn’t have to mean settling for less than the best. New England offers plenty of reasons to pay its states a visit. Just check with your honeymoon travel advisor for advice on where to go, where to stay and how to get there!
When you want a honeymoon destination that’s fit for the gods, there’s only one place in the whole world that suits. Go Greek for your honeymoon and you’ll experience an adventure that’s like none other. This exotic destination combines the best of Old World charm with all the modern conveniences today’s travelers have come to expect.
Surrounded by the warm waters of the Aegean, Mediterranean and Ionian seas, the islands of Greece invite honeymooners to enjoy a mild, welcoming climate while they explore a multitude of wonders. It doesn’t matter if you and your sweetheart are into high adventure or just want a romantic, relaxing place to celebrate your marriage, the birthplace of the “gods” can more than accommodate. Whether you arrive by cruise ship or choose to fly into one of the major cities, such as Athens, you can rest assured some amazing sights are in store for you.
Here are just a few of the reasons why the Greek islands are perfect for honeymooners:
Read Full Article