With historic cities, majestic mountains, spectacular coastline, and diverse national parks, Canada ranks as one of the ultimate honeymoon destinations on the planet. But as the world’s second largest country, it’s practically impossible for newlyweds to cover its vast terrain in just a few weeks. Instead of a whirlwind tour, immerse yourself in one of these three distinct regions when it comes to that once-in-a-lifetime getaway.
Romance in Quebec City
Expect old-world charm and European-style ambiance in Quebec City, one of the oldest cities in North America. Here you’ll have the chance to meander down lovely cobblestone streets in Old Quebec, a historic district packed with inviting cafes, boutiques, galleries, pubs, and cultural sites.
As an all-season destination, Quebec City is an ideal getaway spot no matter your travel itinerary. For instance, the city is absolutely enchanting in the warmer months when flowers are in bloom and cozy cafes spill out onto the sidewalks. Meanwhile during the colder months, the city is a winter wonderland, constantly dazzling visitors with festive lights and amazing outdoor displays.
As for must-visit areas (in addition to the old town), don’t miss out on Rue Saint-Jean, a lovely shopping avenue just beyond the ramparts surrounding Old Quebec. Stop in at J.A. Moisan, the oldest grocery store on the continent. This one-of-a-kind spot is renowned for its massive selection of local food and products. Next, spend an afternoon in the Saint-Roch District, an emerging neighborhood now home to excellent coffee shops, restaurants, live music venues, and microbreweries.
Stay at Auberge Saint-Antoine, a wonderful boutique property that blends comfort, style, and history. The hotel is also home to Panache, one of the city’s finest restaurants and a perfect spot for a romantic meal.
Outdoor Pursuits in Alberta
Situated in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Banff region is a perfect match for outdoorsy couples seeking high altitude experiences. Home to massive mountains, glaciers, and glacial lakes, incredible national parks like Banff and Jasper give way to first-rate hiking, mountain biking, camping, and much more.
During the winter months, the region’s three ski resorts (Lake Louise Mountain Resort, Ski Norquay, and Sunshine Village) provide plenty of downhill thrills. After long days hitting the trails, the charming downtown districts of Cranmore and Banff offer travelers a welcome respite thanks to an array of fine restaurants, cafes, shopping, and nightlife options.
Drop your bags at the iconic Banff Springs Fairmont, located in Banff National Park amidst majestic snow-capped peaks. The historic resort boasts fine dining options, spa and health club facilities, a golf course, and unparalleled views.
Explore the Pacific Coast in British Columbia
While Alberta puts couples right in the lap of glorious mountains, British Columbia’s Vancouver Island enables newlyweds to experience a different kind of outdoor-themed getaway.
The largest Pacific Ocean island west of New Zealand, Vancouver Island is home to old-growth rainforests, stunning beaches, small towns with cozy harbors, and incredible wilderness parks. If sea kayaking, fishing, wildlife and whale watching, ziplining, cycling, and hiking all sound intriguing, then this exceptional destination will be a terrific honeymoon choice.
On the heels of exploring mossy forests, fjords, and secluded coves, finish your west coast adventure in lovely Victoria, home to fabulous shopping, gardens, dining, and a picturesque harbor. It’s also a perfect home base for setting out on boat excursions around the Salish Sea and San Juan Islands.
As for accommodations, book a penthouse room at The Oswego Hotel, a new boutique property close to the inner harbor area. Highlights include floor-to-ceiling windows, designer kitchens, huge balconies, and fabulous views.
When a couple gets engaged the focus immediately turns to planning a perfect, dream wedding, and unfortunately, the honeymoon can become a side note. I am not saying it is a bad thing to put your energy into planning your wedding, a wedding takes a TON of work, BUT if you are pushing off planning for the honeymoon or have decided that your budget just won’t allow one, I invite you to reconsider.
A honeymoon has been a part of of the wedding tradition since ancient times. At first it just referred to the time that the newlyweds would first get to know each other physically, but as time has gone on, a honeymoon has included exploring new destinations on a relaxing vacation. The honeymoon is that special time that you and your husband get to spend together basking in the glow of your forever love and exciting new commitment. It is when you can deck yourselves out in Mr. and Mrs. gear and show off your new marital status. You don’t have to worry about bills, you can start your thank you cards later, and you don’t have to worry about the in-laws getting along anymore. It is just you and your new hubby.
Worried about money? While it may seem more exciting to explore castles in Ireland or go on a Caribbean Cruise, a honeymoon really is not about the location. Even if you just spend the weekend at a hotel, it is important to go on a honeymoon. Imagine having your beautiful ceremony under that large willow tree that’s leaves are dripping down with twinkling lights and then dancing under the stars at your reception, your guests sending you off through a tunnel of sparklers and wedding confetti, and then you go home to your one bedroom apartment or cute starter house. A honeymoon is a necessary part of the wedding celebrations and more specifically it is the part of the celebration that is completely and irrevocably about you. Sure the wedding day is all about the bride, but let’s face it, it is also about the mother, the in-laws, the father walking you down the aisle, and even perhaps the competitive sister. The honeymoon on the other hand is only about what effects you and your groom. Don’t miss it. When are you ever going to have the opportunity to spend even just a single night away ignoring any other obligation again?
Trying to plan out a honeymoon can be a tricky proposition. After all, you want a destination that’s romantic and memorable. Chances are you want to visit a place that’s a little exotic and will offer plenty of things to see and do for you and your sweetheart. With so much riding on your decision of where to go, making that final choice can be tough.
If you and your sweetheart love the idea of tropical beaches and highly romantic sunsets, Jamaica is an ideal destination to choose. Here are three things about Jamaica that you probably didn’t know that can make this the perfect choice for your honeymoon:
Jamaica can be budget friendly – Even if you have a large budget for your honeymoon, chances are you want to stay as close to it as possible when planning out your adventure. With destinations like Sunset at the Palms and Couples Resorts offering all-inclusive deals, you can count on a trip to Jamaica remaining rather budget friendly, These all-inclusive resorts, by the way, are highly experienced in helping couples have the time of their lives. Included in their prices are such things as drinks and meals, on-site activities, around-the-clock service and much, much more. You’ll also find these particular resorts offer some of the most romantic settings found anywhere in the world. With their own private beaches, pools, gardens and more, you’ll find yourself in paradise for your honeymoon.
Jamaica is incredibly laid back – While there are rumors that abound that Jamaica operates using its own sense of “time,” you’ll find this is more than true when you choose to stay at a resort here. Jamaica is incredibly laid back and relaxing. That means you and your honey won’t have to worry about keeping a schedule or paying attention to the rat race while you enjoy an incredible honeymoon in this Caribbean paradise.
Jamaica offers a lot more than beaches – Many people believe this island destination is all about beaches and sunsets. While these play an important part in all things Jamaica, the reality is there is much more to see and do here. Visitors to Jamaica will find the island has many towns worth visiting, some incredible shopping, amazing golf courses and even a mountainous landscape that’s worth taking in. You can even hike to the top of Blue Mountain Peak in Portland if you’re the adventurous type!
Ready to look a little more closely at Jamaica for your post-ceremony getaway? Just consult with your honeymoon travel advisor for more details.
Do the tropical beaches and topnotch resorts of the Caribbean sound like a perfect fit for your honeymoon adventure? If so, the island of St. Lucia deserves a rather close look. This stunning getaway destination is famed for its breathtaking, mountainous landscapes, pristine beaches and resorts.
Should selecting a perfect place to rest your heads at the end of the day be a top priority, we have some suggestions. As it turns out, St. Lucia happens to be the home of three of our most favorite resorts in the Caribbean.
- Rendezvous – With a name like this, you know it’s got to be a destination worth writing home about – and it is! This resort boasts some of the most romantic rooms in the Caribbean, plus it has more on-site activities than you’d ever dream of tackling on a honeymoon. From golfing and scuba diving to visits to the spa, you can relax, unwind and take it all in while enjoying the added perks of all-inclusive pricing. Rendezvous is also famed for its restaurants and the attention to detail it pays in making sure couples on romantic getaways enjoy the privacy and comforts they desire.
- Ladera – This all-inclusive getaway spot might have the best view of the Piton Mountains found anywhere on St. Lucia. From your private patio, you can watch the sun rise over the famed twin peaks. Once you start your days, you’ll discover this resort has left no stone unturned when it comes to making sure couples have the time of their lives. From its stunning rooms that take full advantage of the view to the activities planned within the resort, there’s more to see and do than anyone could on a single trip. You can even take cooking lessons together led by the resort’s own chef.
- The Body Holiday– If pampering is what you have in mind, this St. Lucia resort is going to make you very happy. Also all-inclusive, The Body Holiday has its own wellness center, on-site activities and private rooms that make alone time especially romantic. Plus, it boasts outstanding views and a culinary staff that’s world-class. Add to this such activities as archery, golf, yoga, scuba diving and more and it’s clear why this resort is considered among the best found anywhere.
Ready to enjoy a Caribbean adventure for your honeymoon? Just check with our honeymoon travel experts to uncover the wonders that await in St. Lucia.
Just imagine sitting on a tropical beach as a gentle breeze blows through palm trees. In the distance, soaring mountain peaks rise, creating a scene right out of a Hollywood movie.
That’s the setting those who choose to explore St. Lucia for their honeymoons can expect to enjoy. Romantic backdrops are never, ever a concern for those visit this Caribbean destination. This little island country is a slice of paradise that boasts some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world.
Here are just a few reasons why St. Lucia is perfect for honeymoon adventures:
- The scenery – Honeymooners that want to experience the best Mother Nature has to offer can’t go wrong with St. Lucia. This destination is famed for its jaw-dropping sights. From the National Rain Forest and Diamond Falls to the beauty of the Pitons’ rather primeval looking twin peaks, there are sights here that just can’t be experienced elsewhere.
- The activities – St. Lucia is just one of those places where you can enjoy a vacation tailored to your own preferences. Should you want to just relax and enjoy sunset on the beach and awesome service in your honeymoon suite, you’ll be set. Should you desire a faster-paced, more active adventure, you’ll be covered, too. Some of the activities here include hiking, bird watching, windsurfing, sailing, scuba diving, deep sea fishing and more. You’ll also find a vibrant nightlife, plenty of places to play golf and guided tours that bring all the island’s beauty to life.
- The places to stay – Like many other Caribbean destinations, St. Lucia has some incredible resorts to choose from. Should you prefer an all-inclusive honeymoon stay, there are destinations to suit. You’ll discover that service here is outstanding and honeymooners can count on experiencing only the best during their special trips.
- The cuisine – Want to make sure your honeymoon fare is top notch and mouth-watering? St. Lucia’s restaurant scene is well worth exploring. Here you’ll find the very best of the Caribbean mixed with flavors from all over the world. Whether you choose to dine at your resort or venture out and discover local flavors, you won’t be disappointed.
Ready to explore St. Lucia for your honeymoon? Just speak with our honeymoon travel experts for the best bookings and deals the Caribbean has to offer. You’ll find St. Lucia’s beauty provides the perfect setting for a romantic adventure that will create memories to last a lifetime.
Bahamas honeymoons are dreams come true for those with a passion for sun, surf, sand and a laid-back Caribbean culture that welcomes visitors from all over the world. It’s that last part, however, that can cramp a romantic honeymoon’s style and take the intimacy right out of the adventure.
Don’t despair though; if the turquoise waters of the Bahamas are calling, and you want to make sure privacy is still in the cards, there are destinations you can add to your itinerary. Just consider the Bahamas out-islands for your honeymoon trip.
The out islands are the perfect place for romantic getaways, and they number more than a few. Here are just a few of the options to consider as you plan out your honeymoon getaway:
Bimini – This island is famed for its pristine beaches and its exceptional fishing. It was, in fact, one of Ernest Hemingway’s favorite places to escape the rat race. Bimini is just 50 miles off the coast of Florida and its sights are legendary. They include the Bimini Road, the ruins that some believe might just have led to the “Lost City of Atlantis” and others. The resorts here are world-class, too, which means you can count on incredible service.
Exumas – Known for its highly romantic private beaches and incredible scuba diving spots, this island is off the beaten path, which is just perfect for honeymooners. Here you’ll find the renowned Sandals Emerald Bay resort that boasts its own private beach and more amenities than you can easily count. Check out Georgetown, visit the Government Wharf or just go snorkelling to see under those turquoise waters. Three Sisters Reef is also a favorite spot for those who like to dive.
Acklins – Imagine walking on a beach at sunset with a lighthouse in the distance and no other people in sight. Honeymoon in this Bahamas Out Island and that picture can become reality. This island is noted for its bonefishing, low population and outstanding resorts. It’s also ideal for those who love snorkelling.
The Bahamas Out Islands are the perfect honeymoon destination for those that want high romance coupled with incredible activities. Other possibilities to explore include the Berry Islands, Cat Island, Long Island and Harbour Island.
Ready to look into the Bahamas Out Islands for your honeymoon getaway? Just consult with your honeymoon travel advisor for the scoop on the great places to go and where to stay.
Hoping to sink your toes in the sand and soak up some rays on your honeymoon? Looking for a location that also provides all the necessary ingredients for a memorable destination wedding?
If you’re looking for something exotic, beautiful and sure to please your intended and maybe those wedding guests too, we have some ideas for you! Here are just a few of our favorite beach wedding destinations and some of the top reasons why we love them so:
Honeymoon in Bora Bora – This Pacific Ocean paradise practically defies description. This amazing island is famed for its unusual natural beauty, practically perfect weather and outstanding resorts. Plus, you and your honey will be hard-pressed to find a more romantic destination that also offers plenty of things for wedding guests to enjoy. For your honeymoon in Bora Bora, you can even choose to stay in a highly romantic over-the-water bungalow. Just imagine waking to the sounds of gentle waves lapping the beach!
Vacation in Fiji – This tropical wonder is considered one of the South Pacific’s best destinations for good reason. The volcanic islands here make for an incredible landscape, plus there’s so much to see and do. Tourists here find the beaches are practically perfect, the locals friendly and the scenery is to die for. From scuba diving to see the coral reefs to strolling local shops, it’s impossible to get bored in Fiji. Add to that the fact Fiji is famed for its resorts that have staff ready to cater to your every whim and it’s hard to go wrong with a destination wedding in Fiji.
Tie the knot in Tahiti – This South Pacific jewel is a favorite destination for couples in love. Its crystal clear waters are famed the world over. The island is famed for its stunning waterfalls, picturesque mountains and splendid beaches. Choose to honeymoon in Tahiti and you’ll discover this paradise also offers lots to see and do. From its world-renowned resorts to its amazing water activities, Tahiti always makes an awesome choice.
Host your wedding in Aruba – If you’d like your wedding to take place a little closer to home, Aruba might be the ideal choice. This Caribbean island has all the ingredients you need for an amazing adventure. Its beaches, landscape, culture and historical flavor are all major draws. Plus, you’ll find the resorts here are world class and more than ready to help you make your dream of an Aruba destination wedding become reality.
Are you ready to research a beach destination wedding more closely? Just consult with our honeymoon travel advisors for information on destinations at home and abroad.
Your wedding day is coming up, and you’re looking forward to a honeymoon that’s romantic, relaxing and adventurous. You dream of not having to lift a finger during the entire vacation – unless you want to – and it’s your hope to spend it in a place that’s sure to create memories to last a lifetime.
There’s the problem: Where should you go?
If romance, adventure and lots of pampering matter to you and your honey, a Mediterranean cruise just might be in order.
Why cruise the Mediterranean for your honeymoon? Here are just a few of the many reasons why this is a trip worth taking:
- The world-renowned sights – Destinations throughout the Mediterranean are known the world over for its amazing appeal. Whether you opt for a cruise that takes you to Italy’s shores, or you visit the Greek isles or even Spain, you’re going to find plenty of things to see and do. This entire region is famed for its amazing architecture, beautiful landscapes, pristine waters, museums and historic sites. From the water you’ll see white-washed cities that are post-card perfect. On shore, you’ll enjoy some of the most famous destinations on the planet.
- The on-board fun– Worry you’ll miss out on some of the fun of touring the Mediterranean by opting to cruise? Let that concern at home. Going by cruise ship is one of the best ways to take in all the beauty that has made this region a favorite for centuries. Plus, while you’re onboard, you’ll find there’s never a lack of things to do. Mediterranean cruise ships boast activities around the clock. From swimming and playing games to taking in live shows and dancing, you’re likely to find yourself having so much fun you won’t want to get off!
- The cuisine – Cruise ships are famous for their five-star spreads. You can count on enjoy some amazing fare while on board. Now, when you visit the different ports of call in the Mediterranean, you’ll also find culinary treats that defy description. From the amazing flavors of Italy to the distinctive tastes offered in Greece, the culinary offerings are not going to disappoint.
- The service – If you want to enjoy incredible service the entire time you’re away, a cruise is absolutely the way to go. Just step onboard and you’ll find an entire crew ready to cater to your every need. From room service to the planned activities, you’ll find yourself being treated like royalty.
Looking for a post-wedding getaway that’s romantic and maybe just a little exotic? Just consult your honeymoon travel advisor for information about a Mediterranean cruise. You’ll be glad you did!
Dream of spending your honeymoon on a tropical island that’s romantic and far enough away from the rat race to be considered remote and maybe even a little exotic? If so, Bora Bora is calling.
This stunning getaway destination is found in Pacific Ocean’s Leeward chain and is considered one of the islands of Tahiti. With its ice blue waters and lush, tropical landscape it looks like a set created by a master moviemaker from Hollywood, but rest assured its attractions are not fictional.
When Bora Bora is your honeymoon destination, you’ll enjoy such luxuries as:
- Nearly perfect weather – Bora Bora has a year-round average high temperature of about 84 degrees. Even in January, you’ll find the conditions here are ideal for getting away. While its lush vegetation does demand that a little rain must fall, most storms are isolated to a few months between November and April.
- A landscape that defies reason – Conjure up an image of the most beautiful tropical island you’ve ever laid your eyes on. Now, add in turquoise waters that are so blue they practically glow. Throw in unusually shaped mountain peaks covered with thick, green vegetation and be sure to envision plenty of lagoons. That’s Bora Bora!
- Romantic activities – Considering the landscape, it should come as no surprise that Bora Bora is considered one of the world’s most romantic honeymoon destinations. Here you can enjoy moonlit walks on the beach, enjoy lunch while taking in the view from a remote lagoon, hike to the top of the island’s mountain peaks to take in the view, go horseback riding and more.
- Adventure – If you’d rather enjoy a more adventurous pace during your honeymoon, Bora Bora fits. Here you can go diving, explore ancient temples, visit World War II sites, get in a rough and tumble 4X4 to explore the island’s interior and much more. The shopping and dining are also sure to please.
- Pampering – From its restaurants to its spas and hotels, you’ll find Bora Bora knows how to pamper its guests. Visitors here are treated first-class from the very second they step foot on the soil and throughout their entire stays. For honeymooners who want to enjoy the best Bora Bora has to offer, there are even hotels that offer romantic bungalows set over those famous turquoise waters!
Ready to make Bora Bora more than a dream? Just check with your honeymoon travel consultant for details.
Picking a great place to honeymoon isn’t exactly easy. After all, the world is filled with exotic, romantic and interesting destinations. Trying to decide on just one can be nearly impossible! If the idea of sipping cool drinks on a warm beach as soft waves gently lap at the sand appeals, Aruba just might be the place to go.
Located in the southern Caribbean, Aruba is a small island that packs a very big punch when it comes to fun and romance. In fact, this destination, technically a part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, is a favorite vacation spot for people from all over the world.
Here are just a few reasons why Aruba is such a popular spot for honeymooners:
- The climate – Aruba’s 70 or so square miles are graced with warm, dry weather most of the time. Visitors here can anticipate sunny days almost year round with little chance for severe weather. While a few bad days are to be expected anywhere, Aruba also has the distinction of being a Caribbean hotspot that’s outside the hurricane belt.
- The culture – Considering its Caribbean location and its Dutch relations, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Aruba is a unique place to visit when the cultural scene is considered. While European flavors are heavily seen in the architecture here, visitors will find that Caribbean favorites such as Carnival are a big part of the cultural landscape.
- The things to do – While the sun-kissed beaches draw in plenty of visitors, there are more things to do and see here than many realize. Water sports, of course, are a big part of Aruba’s draw. The island, however, also has casinos, exceptional shopping, natural wonders to explore and much, much more. For those interested in sampling local cuisine, the island is famed for its Caribbean flavors. Plus, visitors here will find Dutch cuisine, Asian, European and even American burgers on the menu in many locations.
- The service – Like the rest of the Caribbean, the folks in Aruba know how to treat visitors. Honeymooners here can choose from high-end resorts that offer every amenity imaginable. It’s also possible to find some really interesting boutique resorts that offer honeymooners all the privacy and romance they desire.
To find out more about spending a few days basking in Aruba’s sun, just consult your honeymoon travel advisor. This Caribbean destination packs all the beauty of the region into a small package with a distinctly Dutch styling.