Hoping to sink your toes in the sand and soak up some rays on your honeymoon? Looking for a location that also provides all the necessary ingredients for a memorable destination wedding?
If you’re looking for something exotic, beautiful and sure to please your intended and maybe those wedding guests too, we have some ideas for you! Here are just a few of our favorite beach wedding destinations and some of the top reasons why we love them so:
Honeymoon in Bora Bora – This Pacific Ocean paradise practically defies description. This amazing island is famed for its unusual natural beauty, practically perfect weather and outstanding resorts. Plus, you and your honey will be hard-pressed to find a more romantic destination that also offers plenty of things for wedding guests to enjoy. For your honeymoon in Bora Bora, you can even choose to stay in a highly romantic over-the-water bungalow. Just imagine waking to the sounds of gentle waves lapping the beach!
Vacation in Fiji – This tropical wonder is considered one of the South Pacific’s best destinations for good reason. The volcanic islands here make for an incredible landscape, plus there’s so much to see and do. Tourists here find the beaches are practically perfect, the locals friendly and the scenery is to die for. From scuba diving to see the coral reefs to strolling local shops, it’s impossible to get bored in Fiji. Add to that the fact Fiji is famed for its resorts that have staff ready to cater to your every whim and it’s hard to go wrong with a destination wedding in Fiji.
Tie the knot in Tahiti – This South Pacific jewel is a favorite destination for couples in love. Its crystal clear waters are famed the world over. The island is famed for its stunning waterfalls, picturesque mountains and splendid beaches. Choose to honeymoon in Tahiti and you’ll discover this paradise also offers lots to see and do. From its world-renowned resorts to its amazing water activities, Tahiti always makes an awesome choice.
Host your wedding in Aruba – If you’d like your wedding to take place a little closer to home, Aruba might be the ideal choice. This Caribbean island has all the ingredients you need for an amazing adventure. Its beaches, landscape, culture and historical flavor are all major draws. Plus, you’ll find the resorts here are world class and more than ready to help you make your dream of an Aruba destination wedding become reality.
Are you ready to research a beach destination wedding more closely? Just consult with our honeymoon travel advisors for information on destinations at home and abroad.
Your wedding day is coming up, and you’re looking forward to a honeymoon that’s romantic, relaxing and adventurous. You dream of not having to lift a finger during the entire vacation – unless you want to – and it’s your hope to spend it in a place that’s sure to create memories to last a lifetime.
There’s the problem: Where should you go?
If romance, adventure and lots of pampering matter to you and your honey, a Mediterranean cruise just might be in order.
Why cruise the Mediterranean for your honeymoon? Here are just a few of the many reasons why this is a trip worth taking:
- The world-renowned sights – Destinations throughout the Mediterranean are known the world over for its amazing appeal. Whether you opt for a cruise that takes you to Italy’s shores, or you visit the Greek isles or even Spain, you’re going to find plenty of things to see and do. This entire region is famed for its amazing architecture, beautiful landscapes, pristine waters, museums and historic sites. From the water you’ll see white-washed cities that are post-card perfect. On shore, you’ll enjoy some of the most famous destinations on the planet.
- The on-board fun– Worry you’ll miss out on some of the fun of touring the Mediterranean by opting to cruise? Let that concern at home. Going by cruise ship is one of the best ways to take in all the beauty that has made this region a favorite for centuries. Plus, while you’re onboard, you’ll find there’s never a lack of things to do. Mediterranean cruise ships boast activities around the clock. From swimming and playing games to taking in live shows and dancing, you’re likely to find yourself having so much fun you won’t want to get off!
- The cuisine – Cruise ships are famous for their five-star spreads. You can count on enjoy some amazing fare while on board. Now, when you visit the different ports of call in the Mediterranean, you’ll also find culinary treats that defy description. From the amazing flavors of Italy to the distinctive tastes offered in Greece, the culinary offerings are not going to disappoint.
- The service – If you want to enjoy incredible service the entire time you’re away, a cruise is absolutely the way to go. Just step onboard and you’ll find an entire crew ready to cater to your every need. From room service to the planned activities, you’ll find yourself being treated like royalty.
Looking for a post-wedding getaway that’s romantic and maybe just a little exotic? Just consult your honeymoon travel advisor for information about a Mediterranean cruise. You’ll be glad you did!
Dream of spending your honeymoon on a tropical island that’s romantic and far enough away from the rat race to be considered remote and maybe even a little exotic? If so, Bora Bora is calling.
This stunning getaway destination is found in Pacific Ocean’s Leeward chain and is considered one of the islands of Tahiti. With its ice blue waters and lush, tropical landscape it looks like a set created by a master moviemaker from Hollywood, but rest assured its attractions are not fictional.
When Bora Bora is your honeymoon destination, you’ll enjoy such luxuries as:
- Nearly perfect weather – Bora Bora has a year-round average high temperature of about 84 degrees. Even in January, you’ll find the conditions here are ideal for getting away. While its lush vegetation does demand that a little rain must fall, most storms are isolated to a few months between November and April.
- A landscape that defies reason – Conjure up an image of the most beautiful tropical island you’ve ever laid your eyes on. Now, add in turquoise waters that are so blue they practically glow. Throw in unusually shaped mountain peaks covered with thick, green vegetation and be sure to envision plenty of lagoons. That’s Bora Bora!
- Romantic activities – Considering the landscape, it should come as no surprise that Bora Bora is considered one of the world’s most romantic honeymoon destinations. Here you can enjoy moonlit walks on the beach, enjoy lunch while taking in the view from a remote lagoon, hike to the top of the island’s mountain peaks to take in the view, go horseback riding and more.
- Adventure – If you’d rather enjoy a more adventurous pace during your honeymoon, Bora Bora fits. Here you can go diving, explore ancient temples, visit World War II sites, get in a rough and tumble 4X4 to explore the island’s interior and much more. The shopping and dining are also sure to please.
- Pampering – From its restaurants to its spas and hotels, you’ll find Bora Bora knows how to pamper its guests. Visitors here are treated first-class from the very second they step foot on the soil and throughout their entire stays. For honeymooners who want to enjoy the best Bora Bora has to offer, there are even hotels that offer romantic bungalows set over those famous turquoise waters!
Ready to make Bora Bora more than a dream? Just check with your honeymoon travel consultant for details.
Picking a great place to honeymoon isn’t exactly easy. After all, the world is filled with exotic, romantic and interesting destinations. Trying to decide on just one can be nearly impossible! If the idea of sipping cool drinks on a warm beach as soft waves gently lap at the sand appeals, Aruba just might be the place to go.
Located in the southern Caribbean, Aruba is a small island that packs a very big punch when it comes to fun and romance. In fact, this destination, technically a part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, is a favorite vacation spot for people from all over the world.
Here are just a few reasons why Aruba is such a popular spot for honeymooners:
- The climate – Aruba’s 70 or so square miles are graced with warm, dry weather most of the time. Visitors here can anticipate sunny days almost year round with little chance for severe weather. While a few bad days are to be expected anywhere, Aruba also has the distinction of being a Caribbean hotspot that’s outside the hurricane belt.
- The culture – Considering its Caribbean location and its Dutch relations, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Aruba is a unique place to visit when the cultural scene is considered. While European flavors are heavily seen in the architecture here, visitors will find that Caribbean favorites such as Carnival are a big part of the cultural landscape.
- The things to do – While the sun-kissed beaches draw in plenty of visitors, there are more things to do and see here than many realize. Water sports, of course, are a big part of Aruba’s draw. The island, however, also has casinos, exceptional shopping, natural wonders to explore and much, much more. For those interested in sampling local cuisine, the island is famed for its Caribbean flavors. Plus, visitors here will find Dutch cuisine, Asian, European and even American burgers on the menu in many locations.
- The service – Like the rest of the Caribbean, the folks in Aruba know how to treat visitors. Honeymooners here can choose from high-end resorts that offer every amenity imaginable. It’s also possible to find some really interesting boutique resorts that offer honeymooners all the privacy and romance they desire.
To find out more about spending a few days basking in Aruba’s sun, just consult your honeymoon travel advisor. This Caribbean destination packs all the beauty of the region into a small package with a distinctly Dutch styling.
Just because the temperature has dropped, and snow blankets the ground in many parts of the world doesn’t mean spring is a long way off. The fact of the matter is it’s a whole lot closer than you think if you’re planning a springtime wedding. With all the details you’ll have to deal with in the coming months, now is the time to get a jumpstart on planning out your honeymoon fun.
If you haven’t already decided where to go, that’s the first detail you’ll want to see to. In fact, it’s one of the most important decisions to make now while you still have months to go before the big day.
Want to know why?
The truth is many of the world’s top honeymoon destinations are often booked months in advance. It doesn’t matter if you intend to go to Paris for your post-wedding escape, or you want to vacation at a dude ranch in Texas or Colorado, the earlier you decide, the better.
Haven’t picked a destination yet? Here are a few simple tips to help you and your honey decide:
- Consider your budget – While no one wants to put a price tag on romance, the fact of the matter is budgets do matter. Before you set your destination, determine how much you’ll have to spend. Remember, you can ask friends and relatives to help fund your trip. Honeymoon registries are becoming very popular options – especially with gift givers that want to make sure they give you something you truly want!
- Consider what you really want to do – Even if your budget is best described as a shoestring, chances are you can find a great place to go to suit your desires. Just list out the things you’d like to do in your time together. If you want to relax on a beach, for example, and funding is a concern, why not stay stateside? American beaches are stunning in the springtime. If funding isn’t a big concern and you and your honey dream of exploring historic sites, why not plan a trip that features some of Europe’s hot spots?
- Ask the Experts – Now is absolutely the time to get a honeymoon travel planner involved in mapping out your trip. Even if you don’t know where you want to go or what you can afford with the money you have allotted, a pro that specializes in this type of travel can really help. An experienced advisor can assist you and your honey in figuring out the best places to go and stay to make all your getaway dreams come true. Chances are a pro can offer up ideas you haven’t even thought of yet too!
It’s hard to top the stunning beauty of a winter wedding. When the lights are sparkling, and a fresh blanket of snow is on the ground, nature practically paints the backdrop for a ceremony that is sure to stun. When all is said and done, however, an escape to a tropical paradise makes a whole lot more sense than sticking around where it’s cold outside.
If you’re planning a wintertime wedding, here are just a few reasons to explore a tropical honeymoon:
It’s a great change of pace – If you live in an area where snow is a staple during the winter months, an escape south can provide an incredible change of pace to kick off your honeymoon. There’s nothing quite like escaping a blizzard to spend a few days sipping on drinks on a beach as you work on a tan the couples back home are sure to envy.
The great things to do – Most of the world’s most sought after tropical destinations offer plenty of things for newlyweds to see and do. From climbing volcanic mountains in Costa Rica to exploring a lush tropical jungle in Grenada, the possibilities are endless. If you want to explore historic sites, the tropics offer plenty of options too. From the historic districts of Puerto Rico to the coffee plantations of Central America, there are some excellent options where the sun generally shines.
The romance – It is simply hard to top the romantic appeal of a honeymoon spent in a tropical destination where crystal blue waves wash over white sandy beaches. Some locations, such as Belize and Tahiti, are perfect for couples that want to enjoy a highly intimate escape. Just book a bungalow on the beach, and your romantic dreams are sure to come true.
The affordability – A honeymoon escape to the tropics doesn’t have to be as expensive as most couples think. The fact of the matter is when couples work with honeymoon travel advisors in advance of their big days they can enjoy some great savings on destinations all over the world. Plus, these experts know how to help couples select destinations that fit their interests to the letter.
Winter weddings are simply stunning. But when the ceremony is over and the reception comes to a close, nothing tops an escape to a tropical paradise to help couples celebrate the start of their new lives together. For more information on wintertime in the tropics, just contact your honeymoon travel advisor today.
Your wedding day is right around the corner, and you want to plan a honeymoon that neither of you will ever forget. If someplace warm on the beach and exotic sounds like a plan, you might want to consider a getaway to a tropical, over-the-water bungalow.
So why would you want to stay in a bungalow instead of a 5-star, high-rise beach resort? While the latter has its perks for sure, there are some compelling reasons why honeymooners love over-water bungalows. Here are just a few of the top reasons to consider a stay at a boutique resort that boasts these private, unique rooms for their guests:
- The destinations– Over-the-water bungalows are found in some of the world’s most notable and most romantic locations. Think the coastline of Mexico, Belize, Tahiti and you’ll get the picture. These destinations are already perfect for honeymooners, and the bungalow hotels just make them all the more sweet.
- The things to do– Bungalows right on the beach or built out over the water are typically found in locales where the things to do are abound. From high-action zip-lining through tropical jungles to laid back days on the beach, couples don’t run out of things to do when they choose vacations like this.
- The landscape – There are few destinations in the world that can top the views that over-the-water bungalows deliver. Imagine waking up to a gentle tropical breeze as waves lap below your bed. Now picture yourself standing outside on a private porch watching the sunset over the water. It just doesn’t get better than that!
- The privacy – It’s your honeymoon, and let’s face it; you want privacy. Over-the-water bungalows are typically designed with every luxury in mind and are self-contained. That means you and your honey will get the privacy you crave without having to sacrifice anything in the amenity department.
- The memories – While escaping to a bungalow in a tropical locale isn’t quite like getting lost on a deserted island, it can come pretty close. You and your sweetie will be able to make memories to last a lifetime and just think of how stunning your vacation pictures will be!
To find out more about some of the best bungalow getaways, just consult your honeymoon travel advisor. This pro can help you book the best places to stay in resorts all over the world.
It’s sometimes said that a honeymoon destination doesn’t matter as much as the time you’ll spend together as a couple. While that’s true – to a point – the destination can make all the difference in the romance department. It also plays a huge role in memories you’ll bring home to cherish forever.
That’s why so many couples select tropical locales for their honeymoon escapes. Places like Mexico, Costa Rica, Belize and Tahiti are high on the list of places to spend the first few days as husband and wife.
Want to know why? Here are just a few good reasons why tropical settings make for stunning honeymoons:
- The scenery – There’s nothing quite like taking a long walk on a tropical beach as the sun sets over the horizon. The only thing that comes close is an adventure into a tropical forest or a hike up a volcanic mountain. In many tropical destinations, Mother Nature paints a landscape that’s just perfect for the romance you desire during your honeymoon getaway.
- The accommodations – When tropical destinations are on your list of places to go, you’ll find the selection of places to stay is amazing. In many of the world’s top destinations, you’ll find amazing five-star resorts that have every amenity imaginable. You’ll also find some destinations that boast their own unique hotels. Picture yourself, for example, staying at an over-the-water bungalow and waking up to the sound of waves gently lapping the beach. While these boutique hotels are “quirky” to some, they don’t skimp in the luxury departments. And they just can’t be beaten when it comes to romance or privacy.
- The things to do – Yes, of course, you and your honey will want to spend a whole lot of alone time on your first trip as a married couple. Even so, chances are pretty strong you’ll want to venture out of your room at least a few times. When you select a tropical destination, you won’t find a shortage of options for things to do when you head out. From the nightclubs of Mexico to the beautiful beaches of Tahiti, Belize and Coast Rica, there’s something for everyone in these destinations. Plus, if high adventure is your thing, most tropical destinations deliver. Mountain climbing, sky driving, zip-lining and white water rafting are all possibilities in many destinations.
If you’re ready for a honeymoon that won’t fail to deliver in the memory department, consider a tropical paradise for your destination of choice. To find out more about vacationing in warmer climates, just consult your honeymoon travel advisor.
Are you looking for a honeymoon experience that’s romantic, unusual and highly adventurous without skipping the luxury department? Then, take a cue from that catchy song and head on down to the Love Shack!
What’s a love shack?
Nope, they’re not tin-roofed joints that are hopping every night of the week with music, libations and get-togethers. That, however, doesn’t mean you won’t find happening night spots near to the love shacks we’re suggesting for your honeymoon though.
In this case, the love shacks we have in mind are on-the-water or over-water bungalows. Think Robinson Crusoe meets your favorite 5-star resort, and you’ll have a pretty good idea of what to expect. The best love shacks in the world for honeymooners combine that intimate privacy that Crusoe enjoyed with the romance of a tropical destination and the impeccable service honeymooners deserve.
So where are the best destinations for finding utterly romantic love shacks? Believe it or not; you’ll find them all over the world! Our favorite huts on the beach though are found in Tulum, Mexico and Belize.
While each destination is very distinct, they both have a few things in common that make their love shacks top our list. They are:
The beaches – Tulum and Belize are both famed for their stunning beaches and miles of coastline. In both destinations, you can enjoy the surf, sand, sunshine and topnotch water sports that you’d expect from a tropical vacation.
The privacy – The love shacks found in both Belize and Tulum are designed to provide honeymoons – and other couples in love – with the privacy they crave. Guests at resorts throughout these two locations will find the very best in service when it’s needed and the utmost privacy when they desire it. The accommodations in both locations, by the way, are simply stunning. While we’re calling them “love shacks,” luxury is truly found in every room detail.
The other possibilities – Honeymooners don’t always want to stay locked up in their rooms for days on end. When it’s time to get out explore and have some fun, both Tulum and Belize deliver. In both locations, you’ll find wonderful dining, eco-tourism opportunities, historic sites, shopping, nightclubs and more all waiting for you to explore.
If you’re looking for something tropical, yet highly distinct for your honeymoon, you can’t go wrong with a love shack. To find out more about booking a bungalow for two, just consult with your honeymoon travel advisor. This pro will be more than happy to help you find just the right accommodations in the perfect destination for your romantic adventure.
When most people think of honeymooning in Costa Rica, they picture themselves sunning on a tropical beach while sipping a fruity drink from a glass. While this is most certainly possible in this Central American paradise, there’s a whole lot more to Costa Rica that meets the eye.
For those who want to do more than just get a tan on their honeymoon, this particular country offers some amazing high-adventure activities. Here are just three of the possibilities that go beyond swimming, sunning and soaking it up when Costa Rica is your honeymoon destination:
1. Checking out the Rain Forest – From the Sky!
Ever wonder what a bird feels like flying just above the treetops in a lush, tropical forest? You and your honey can find out first-hand if you visit Costa Rica. One of the most popular high-action sports here happens to be zip-lining. That’s right, you’ll find yourself propelled through a forest, above the trees, from a line that gives you a bird’s eye view of what’s below. Costa Rica has a number of “canopy tours,” and the country is famed for its spectacular views.
2. Climbing a Volcano
If mountain climbing is your thing, why not climb some of the most beautiful in the world. Costa Rica happens to be in the Ring of Fire, which means it’s home to a number of volcanos. Here you can climb, drive up or even take a tour to see inside a giant volcanic crater. You can even ride a horse to the top in some locations. Keep in mind some of Costa Rica’s volcanoes are considered “active,” which means climbing to the top isn’t always the best idea. Check with your honeymoon travel advisor for the best destinations for a climb, hike or drive.
3. Riding the White Rapids
Many people consider Costa Rica the best place in the world to go white water rafting. The country’s rivers offer varying levels of challenge. The Corobici, for example, is a great place for a leisurely trip. The Reventazon River, however, is the place to go for some serious rafting.
If Costa Rica sounds like it offers your level of adventure for a honeymoon, just check with your travel advisor for more details. An experienced pro can help you select the best places to stay and things to do any time of the year.