|By Guest Blogger ~ July 5th, 2011 ~ Wedding Entertainment||4 Comments|
Guest Post By: Marcello Pedalino
If you and your fiancé would like to have a wedding reception that is a true reflection of your personality and style, this list can help you. As a contributor to Peter Merry’s new book, The Best Wedding Reception… Ever!, these ideas will make your wedding reception fun, unique and memorable. If you are a discerning Bride or Groom who is interested in dramatically different results, read on…
1) Set the mood! Have your first dance as husband and wife take place on top of the clouds or under the stars by utilizing the latest advances in elegant special effects and lightscaping technology. An expert like Jason Jani, from S.C.E Weddings, can make it happen.
2) Create a Masterpiece! Make your once in a lifetime reception a priceless work of art by having an artist, like Martin Hardy, The Party Painter, paint a real-time portrait that encapsulates your entire wedding from the grand entrance to the last dance.
3) Location, Location, Location! Reserve an exclusive venue like The Ashford Estate, the latest Weddings of Distinction property to open in NJ that sits on 33 acres of exquisite countryside. The Ashford features a charming barn chapel for ceremonies, a stunning Grand Ballroom and elegantly- appointed guest suites.
4) Dance the Night Away! If you want to take your reception to the Signature Event level, you can arrange for your favorite vocalist, live band, or marquee DJ to perform. You can also have the best of both worlds by booking artists like The Nerds or an incredible Bruce Springsteen tribute band to accompany your DJ Entertainment.
5) Lights, Camera, Action! To have all of your guests tweeting and facebooking with fervor at the finale of your reception, let Greg Lassik, from Endless Wave Studios, produce a ‘same day edit’ of the celebration’s highlights. This cinematic featurette is usually shown on-site right after dessert.
6) Spread The Love! Create an instant connection and lively conversation during your cocktail hour by showing a personalized photo montage that features continuous pictures of you and your fiancé with all the family members and friends that you invited. Your guests will love feeling like they are a part of your wedding- not just at your wedding.
7) How Sweet It Is! After handing out lyric sheets and having all of your guests serenade you by singing along to one of your favorite love songs for the Cake Cutting, treat your guests to a distinctive dessert by offering a Candy Sushi Bar to complement your after-dinner delights.
Hire a specialist! An Entertainment Director will also help you orchestrate your creativity throughout the planning process and facilitate a well-paced production agenda during your reception.
Marcello Pedalino | Certified Wedding Entertainment Director
New Jersey’s only Certified Wedding Entertainment Director, Marcello is passionate about helping today’s bride and groom celebrate life and design a wedding that will be a true reflection of their personality and style. Marcello is the founder and CEO of MMP Entertainment and Event Production; a boutique special events firm that caters to a discerning social and corporate clientele in the U.S and international destinations. Marcello is also a preferred professional resource for the Weddings of Distinction team at The Ashford Estate.