I absolutely love live bands at weddings. They give an event a whole new life and really energize the crowd. Whether it is a Blues Band, 80′s Band or a Top 40′s Band they will be able to entertain your guests and provide an energy that a DJ can not deliver.
Here are a few tips I would offer when booking a live band to make sure your guests have a rockin’ good time.
- Make sure the band has an Emcee who is experienced in wedding announcements
- If your venue is an odd shape or has low ceilings be sure to communicate this with the band for acoustics purposes
- Review their song list because every band specializes in different genres of music
- Ask them to send you a demo tape or if you could see them play live at one of their gigs
- Confirm the amount of breaks the band will take and what type of music you would like them to play during this time.